Watermelon is one of the most refreshing and delicious parts about the summer season. It only makes sense, then, to take this fruit and incorporate it to other dishes and drinks! This watermelon mint frosé is a cooling and refreshing frozen treat for adults to enjoy to beat the heat.
- 1 (750-ml) bottle rosé wine
- 1 lb watermelon cubes
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 1/2 cup water
- 8 to 10 fresh mint leaves, plus more for garnish
- 1/4 cup freshly squeezed lemon juice
- Pour the rosé into ice cube trays overnight, or for at least 6 hours. Cube a watermelon and place the pieces on a baking sheet that has been lined with parchment paper. Be sure that none of the pieces are touching, then freeze for at least 2 hours.
- Transfer the watermelon into a container or zip-top bag and keep frozen.
- Create the mint simple syrup by combining the sugar and water in small saucepan and leaving it over medium heat. Stir constantly until dissolved, then add in the mint and bring it to a boil.
- Once boiled, turn off the heat and let it sit for 15 minutes. Strain the syrup into a bowl and discard the mint leaves. Let cool, then place in the fridge until ready to make the drink.
- Place the rosé ice cubes, frozen watermelon, mint simple syrup, and lemon juice in a blender and blend until combined and creamy.
- Pour into glasses and garnish each glass with a sprig of mint. Enjoy!