With so many people on very strict diets these days, it’s hard to create a delicious food for a large group that everyone will be able to eat. If you’re having a dinner party or a small get together, you may be stuck on finding hors d’oeuvres to pass around that will satisfy your gluten free, vegetarian, and even your downright picky-eater friends.
Thankfully, these sweet and salty strawberry ricotta bites are genuine crowd pleasers. The best part is, the cater to nearly every diet and food fad out there! Give them a try yourself — the are quick, easy, and delicious!
- 20 Van’s Simply Delicious® The Perfect 10 Gluten Free Crackers (or any other crackers you’d prefer)
- ⅓ cup part-skimmed ricotta cheese
- 10 small strawberries, sliced in half
- 10 basil leaves, sliced in half
- Balsamic vinegar for drizzling
- Honey for drizzling
- Ground black pepper for seasoning
- Lay the crackers out on a serving plate or a tray that you want to leave out for your guests.
- Put about a teaspoon and a half of ricotta cheese spread on each one, then drizzle the tops with a little bit of balsamic vinegar and top each one off with a piece of basil.
- Add on half of a strawberry and a drizzle of honey as well.
- Sprinkle on some black pepper for a dramatic effect and presentation, then they are ready to start circulating the room!