Summer is coming to a close, so we bet a lot of you are getting in your last few summer picnics and barbecues before the weather starts to cool off. Rather than a teary goodbye, we’re more in favor of going out with a bang, and what better way to make that happen than with a party? We have the perfect recipe for a cocktail that will have you and your guests enjoying these last days of summer to their fullest. Grab a glass and the fanciest straw you’ve got, and let’s shake things up!
- 2 Tablespoons strawberry lemonade mix (such as Country Time)
- 1½ cups water
- 1 ounce sour mix
- 2 ounces lemon infused vodka
- 2 ounces fresh squeezed grapefruit juice
- Sliced strawberries
- A wedge of grapefruit
- Crushed ice
- Pour water and all the other ingredients into a cocktail shaker and shake it like there’s no tomorrow. (We recommend playing some groove-worthy tunes while you do this!) It will get nice and frothy and the flavors will meld together in about 30 seconds or so.
- Strain this over crushed ice, or serve it straight up in a martini glass for the more sophisticated sippers.
- Garnish with sliced strawberries and a grapefruit wedge and bask in the refreshing taste of utter relaxation.