If you’ve got kids, you’ve probably made a lot of grilled cheese sandwiches in your day. It’s a cheap and simple meal that’s a total crowd-pleaser. But adults can enjoy grilled cheese just as much, especially when it’s got other delicious ingredients added in! Try this recipe for Spinach Artichoke Grilled Cheese and your tastebuds will thank you!
- ¼ lb. frozen chopped spinach
- 14 oz. can quartered artichoke hearts in water
- 1 cup shredded mozzarella
- 2 tbsp. grated Parmesan
- 3 tbsp. mayonnaise
- ⅛ tsp. garlic powder
- ⅛ tsp. salt
- Freshly cracked pepper
- 4 large slices sturdy bread
- 2 tsp. butter
- First, thaw the spinach before squeezing out as much water as possible. You should have around 1 cup of chopped spinach before squeezing the water out, and about ½ cup after squeezing.
- Drain the artichoke hearts well, then chop them into bite-sized pieces. Add the chopped artichokes to a bowl with the spinach, mozzarella, Parmesan, mayonnaise, garlic powder, salt, and pepper.
- Then stir the ingredients until evenly combined.
- Spread about ½ teaspoon of butter on each slice of bread. Place about 1 cup of the cheese and vegetable mixture between two slices of bread with the buttered sides facing out.
- Next, put the sandwiches in a large skillet and cook them over medium-low heat until the outsides are golden brown and the filling has melted.
Your sandwiches are ready to be enjoyed!