We’ve always heard that breakfast is the most important meal of the day, but we think it’s more important that breakfast is the BEST meal of the day. This recipe feeds a crowd and can started the night before so you can wake up to a tasty, hot, cheesy breakfast! We’re so glad it made its way to our table!
- Non-stick cooking spray|
- 32 oz. package frozen shredded hash browned potatoes
- 16 oz breakfast sausage, cooked and crumbled
- 6 green onions, finely chopped
- 12 oz sharp cheddar cheese, shredded
- 12 eggs
- ¼ cup milk
- ¼ tsp garlic powder
- 1 tsp salt
- ½ tsp pepper
- Extra salt and pepper for the potatoes
- Spray the inside of your slow cooker with cooking spray. Spread 1/3 of the still-frozen hash browns in the slow cooker – you might have to break up any clumps. Salt and pepper it! Layer on 1/3 of the cooked sausage, 1/3 of the green onions, and 1/3 of the cheese.
- Repeat these layers two more times until you’ve used up all your potatoes, sausage, onions, and cheese.
- Beat the eggs, milk, garlic powder, salt, and pepper until well blended. Pour it into the slow cooker, too! You’re good to go!
- Set that slow cooker to low, and 6-8 hours later you will be in breakfast heaven!