When you think about eating seafood, it is likely a warm dish filled with all your favorite. Since the heat of summer still seems to be sticking around, we decided to find a way to take our favorite seafood and chill it down, leaving us with this chilled Italian shrimp tortellini pasta salad.
- 8 1/2 oz Delallo ricotta spinach tortellini
- 2 lbs jumbo shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 1/4 small red onion, sliced thin
- 2 stalks celery, sliced
- 1 oz capers
- 1/4 cup sliced black olives
- 2 tablespoons fresh parsley, chopped
- 2 tablespoons fresh basil, chopped
For the dressing:
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 small clove garlic, minced
- 1/2 tablespoon red wine vinegar
- Juice of 1 fresh lemon
- 3/4 tsp kosher salt
- fresh black pepper, to taste
- Boil a large pot of salted water, then cook the tortellini according to package directions. Transfer the pasta to a strainer and rinse with cold water. Return the water to a boil and add in the shrimp, poaching for 2 to 3 minutes until pink.
- Rinse under cold water to stop the cooking. Drain and cut into large pieces.
- Whisk together dressing ingredients. In a separate large bowl, mix the onion, celery, capers, and olives together.
- Pour the dressing over the entire thing and mix again. Add the shrimp, tortellini, and remaining ingredients into the mix as well. Chill before serving.
PHOTO CREDIT: SKINNYTASTE