Now is the time to get the last few uses out of your grill before the warm weather is gone for good. This serrano soy juicy grilled chicken thighs recipe is sure to keep your palate as hot as the weather outside.
- 2 tbsp of Kenny’s Spice Mix
- 1 tsp liquid smoke
- 4 tbsp oil
- 3 tbsp balsamic vinegar
- 4 tbsp soy sauce
- 1 tbsp dijon mustard
- 1 tbsp honey
- Lime zest and juice
- 3 cloves of garlic minced on a microplane
- 2 serrano peppers, thinly sliced
- 3 tbsp of cilantro, roughly chopped
- 3 pounds chicken thighs trimmed of extra fat
- In a bowl or giant ziplock bag, combine all of the ingredients, save the chicken, and mix them together well. You can also put everything in a food processor to combine, especially if you want the serrano peppers to give off a little more heat.
- Once combined, but the chicken into the sauce and allow it to marinate for anywhere between 30 minutes and 24 hours to soak up the flavor.
- Preheat the grill and place the chicken on once hot. Cook for 4 minutes, then remove and dip into the remaining marinade.
- Place it back onto the grill on the opposite side, cooking for 4 more minutes and repeating the process until fully cooked, or about 15 minutes.
This beautifully glazed and grilled chicken is now ready to be serve with your favorite sides!