This red velvet cream cheese danish settles the score between both sweet and savory, leaving us with a treat that is perfect for breakfast, brunch, or even a late night snack.
- 8 oz cream cheese, softened
- ½ cup sugar
- 2 tbsps flour
- 2 tsps red food coloring
- 2 tsps cocoa powder
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1 tube crescent rolls
- ½ cup powdered sugar
- 1-2 tbsp heavy cream
- Dash of vanilla extract
- Preheat the oven to 375ºF. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper and set aside. In a bowl, combine the cream cheese and sugar and beat until smooth. Then, beat in the flour, red food coloring, cocoa powder, and vanilla and mix evenly.
- Open up the tube of crescent rolls and lay out the dough on the baking sheet, keeping it in one big rectangle. Press this out to be 9×13 inches, and pinch the seams together lightly. Spread the filling you mixed down the center of the dough.
- With a sharp knife, make slits diagonally down one side, about 3½ inches long and 1 inch apart. Repeat on the other side.
- Pull the top strip over the filling, then do the same with a strip from the opposite side, working your way down. Continue to alternate the strips into a braid until there are only 2 strips left on each sides.
- Fold these bottom strips in and tuck them under the braid. Bake for 15 to 20 minutes until golden brown. Let cool.
- In a small bowl, whisk together the powdered sugar, cream and vanilla. Drizzle this over the top of the danish, then enjoy!