Frittatas make for a great breakfast, but when you’re rushing out the door, it’s nice to have something you can grab and go. Thankfully, these Ham, Cheese, and Veggie Quinoa (Mini) Frittatas allow you to do just that! You can make them ahead of time and eat them without utensils!
- 2 tsp. olive oil
- ½ cup onion, minced
- ½ cup bell pepper, chopped
- 1-½ cups loosely packed baby spinach, coarsely chopped
- ¾ cup cooked ham, chopped
- ¾ cup grated cheddar or Swiss cheese
- 1 cup cooked quinoa
- 7 eggs
- ½ cup almond milk
- ½ tsp salt
- ⅛ tsp pepper
- Avocado slices (optional)
- First, preheat your oven to 350 degrees F. Line a muffin tin with silicone or paper muffin liners, or spray the tin generously with cooking spray. Set this aside for now.
- Heat the olive oil in a medium-sized skillet over medium heat. Add the onion and bell pepper and cook these, stirring occasionally, for 3 to 5 minutes. Add in the spinach and cook until it is slightly wilted. This will only take about 30 seconds.
- Transfer the vegetables to a large bowl. Then, add in the chopped ham, cheddar cheese, and cooked quinoa. Whisk together the eggs and almond milk in a liquid measuring cup, then whisk in the salt and pepper.
- Pour the egg mixture into the bowl with the other ingredients and stir to combine.
- Divide the mixture evenly between the 12 wells of the muffin tin. Bake the frittatas for 18 to 22 minutes, then allow them to cool in the pan for 3 minutes.
- Run a small rubber spatula or spoon around the edge of each frittata to remove them from the pan. Now they’re ready to be served! Yum!