Pizza and pasta are two of our favorite guilty pleasures, so we jumped at the opportunity to be able to combine the two together! This pizza pasta salad let’s us do just that, and the combination of the two flavors is our new obsession.
- 1 lb uncooked pasta
- 8 oz mozzarella, diced
- 1 cup diced roma tomatoes
- 4-6 cups chopped pizza toppings
- 1 batch Garlic-Oregano Vinaigrette (see how to make below)
- Optional toppings: freshly-grated Parmesan cheese, crushed red pepper flakes
For the garlic oregano vinaigrette:
- 1/3 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 1/4 cup white wine vinegar (or red wine vinegar)
- 3 garlic cloves, peeled and pressed (or minced)
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon Kosher salt
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly-cracked black pepper
- Whisk all of the vinaigrette ingredients together in a bowl and set aside for later.
- Cook the pasta according to package directions, then drain and rinse under cold water for about 20-30 seconds until it is no longer hot.
- In a large bowl, combine the cooled pasta, some mozzarella, tomatoes, and the pizza toppings. Drizzle the vinaigrette on top, then toss to combine together.
- Finish it off with your favorite toppings as a garnish then serve immediately, or refrigerate to serve cold later.