When you think of peaches, we doubt you think about grilling them. However, grilled peaches give off the perfect amount of sweetness with a unique texture, and they’re oh-so-delicious! Try this recipe for Grilled Peach Caprese and let us know what you think.
- ¼ cup brown sugar
- 2 tbsp. water
- 1 tsp. balsamic vinegar
- ¼ cup lime juice
- 1 cup loosely packed basil, divided
- 3 ripe peaches
- 2 tbsp. olive oil
- 1 large ball buffalo mozzarella
- Salt and pepper to season
- First, heat the brown sugar and water in a small saucepan over medium heat until the sugar is dissolved. Then remove from heat.
- Stir the balsamic vinegar, lime juice, and ½ cup of basil into the sauce and allow it to sit for 20 minutes, or until the peaches are ready. Cut each peach into 4 to 6 lengthwise planks, leaving the skin on but removing each pit.
- Brush the peaches with olive oil, then grill them over medium heat until they are charred and softened. This will take about 5 minutes.
- Cut the mozzarella into thick slabs and lightly season them with salt and pepper. Then arrange the caprese stacks by layering a slice of peach, a few leaves of basil, a slab of mozzarella, and another peach on top. Secure the stacks with a toothpick if desired.
- Strain the basil leaves from the sauce and lightly drizzle this over the caprese stacks. Then enjoy!