We love this recipe because it’s not too fancy, but it will definitely blow. Your. Mind. It’s pretty much a dream come true: a giant chocolate chip cookie with creamy Nutella filling. Adapted from a recipe on The Recipe Critic, this cookie turns out best when you make it in a cast iron skillet so the edges get nice and crispy. You can cut out slices to serve it like pie – a divine gooey cookie pie!
- ½ cup (1 stick) unsalted butter, softened + plus more for the skillet
- ½ cup sugar
- ½ cup brown sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 ½ cups flour
- ½ teaspoon baking soda
- ½ cup chocolate chips, plus a few extra for decorating
- ½ cup Nutella
- Preheat your oven to 320 degrees. Get out an 8” cast iron skillet and lightly grease the inside with butter.
- Make the cookie dough: Cream the butter and sugars in a large bowl until light and fluffy. Crack the egg into the bowl and pour in the vanilla extract and mix until thoroughly blended. Sift the flour and baking soda into the bowl and fold it in with a rubber spatula. Lastly, mix in the chocolate chips.
- Split the cookie dough into 2 equal parts, and flatten one of them into the skillet. Spoon in the Nutella and spread it on the cookie dough, but not to the edge! Leave at least ½” around the sides.
- Take a bit of the leftover dough and make a little patty in your hands and lay it down on the Nutella. Use up all the remaining dough until the top is covered. Smush the pieces together so there are no gaps.
- Bake your giant cookie in the preheated oven for 25 minutes. It should be lightly browned around the edges. Let the whole thing cool for 10-15 minutes, if you can!
Ready for next level dessert awesomeness? Serve this cookie warm with a scoop of vanilla ice cream and prepare to be happy.