A muffin pan is one of the more versatile tools you have sitting in your kitchen, and it’s about time you used it for something other than baking! These muffin pan spinach lasagna cups are a fantastic place to start.
- Cooking spray
- 12 dried lasagna noodles
- 1 (10-oz) package frozen spinach, thawed and drained
- 1 cup ricotta cheese
- 1 ½ cups shredded mozzarella cheese, divided
- ½ tsp kosher salt
- ¼ tsp freshly ground black pepper
- 1 cup marinara sauce
- Preheat the oven to 350°F, and coat the cups of a 12 cup muffin pan with some cooking spray. Bring a large pot of salted water to a boil. Add the lasagna noodles and cook according to package instructions for al dente. Drain the water.
- Stir together the spinach, ricotta cheese, 1 cup of the mozzarella cheese, salt, and pepper in a medium bowl. Cut all of the lasagna noodles in half and set half of them aside. With the other half, cut crosswise a second time.
- Spread 1 teaspoon of sauce in the bottom of each muffin cup. Take one of the larger noodles and place them into the bottom of each of the cups. Layer each with 1 tbsp of the spinach and cheese filling and 1 tsp of marinara, followed by a smaller, quarter-size noodle.
- Repeat these layers, then top the final layer with 1 tsp of sauce and a sprinkle of mozzarella.
- Cover the muffin tin with aluminum foil and bake for 15 minutes.
- Remove the foil and bake until the cheese is bubbling, about 3 minutes more. Let the lasagna cool and set before serving, then enjoy!