Making nice, juicy chicken is one of the simplest and quickest ways to create a meal that wows. This easy honey lemon chicken is a prime example of just how simple that really is.
- 1 lb chicken thigh (4 pieces)
- ½ cup lemon juice (2 lemons)
- ¼ cup olive oil
- 1 clove minced garlic
- 1 tsp sea salt
- ½ tsp dried oregano
- 1 tbsp honey
- Turn on the broil setting on your oven, and place the chicken skin side down in a seasoned cast iron skillet. Broil for about 15 minutes then flip and broil for another 15.
- Make the sauce by combining the lemon juice, olive oil, garlic, sea salt, and oregano together. Dip each piece of the chicken into the sauce and return it to the hot oven for a few minutes until the exterior of the chicken is crispy and a golden brown color.
- Once the chicken is done, set it aside and reserve the drippings from the pan. Wipe out any large residual chicken bits, then place the cast iron pan on a warm burner. Add a few tablespoons of the reserved drippings and the remaining sauce and honey.
- Simmer for a few minutes, the pour over the chicken and serve with some fresh parsley.