Now that school is back in session, you need to find a recipe for an after school snack that is sure to impress the kids after a long day of working hard and extracurriculars.
These jalapeno cheese bites are sure to provide a kick to the palate that will hold them over until dinner is ready.
- 3 full jalapenos
- Olive oil
- Garlic salt
- Havarti cheese
- Cut each of the jalapenos into small slices, being sure to remove the seeds as you go to cut down on the spicy levels (or leave them in if you want the extra kick!)
- Line a baking sheet with some parchment paper, and lay out each of the jalapeno slices directly onto the paper.
- Drizzle a good amount of olive oil over the tops of each piece, then bake at 450°F for 10 to 12 minutes to crisp up the jalapenos.
- Take thin slices of Havarti cheese and place one of the cooked jalapenos in each of the slices. Fold the cheese over and place them back on the baking sheet.
- Return to the oven for 6 to 8 minutes at 400°F. Cut up the final product, and serve!