We really enjoy sharing recipes that are easy to prepare, require few ingredients and most importantly, are tasty. That’s why we had to share this awesome Hawaiian barbeque chicken recipe. Chicken is a staple grocery item in many households and we know that many of you can use help finding creative ways to prepare it. How about adding some sweet and tangy flavors to your meal?
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 1 cup BBQ sauce
- 1 15-ounce can pineapple slices (including juice)
- 2 tsp soy sauce
- 1 tsp garlic
- 1 red bell pepper, cut into cubes
- 2 medium zucchini, sliced
- Green onions, for garnish
- Tear 4 sheets of aluminum foil that are large enough to completely wrap a chicken breast and veggies. Place the meat on the center of the foil along with ¼ of the veggies and 2-3 pineapples.
- To make the tangy glaze, add barbecue sauce, pineapple juice, soy sauce and garlic to a bowl. Pour about 2 tablespoons of the mixture over each chicken breast.
- Completely wrap the chicken with the foil and place on the grill for 13-15 minutes. Be sure to flip about halfway through cooking.
- Once the chicken is fully cooked, remove from the grill, unwrap the foil and baste the breast with a layer of barbecue sauce. Garnish with green onions and then serve.