‘Tis the season for tailgates, potlucks and finger foods as friends and family members come together to cheer on their favorite teams. When it’s your turn to host a sporting event, don’t spend hours prepping in the kitchen. Throw together some quick recipes, like this ham and cheese slider, that are definite crowd pleasers, but more importantly super quick and easy to make.
You’ll start by prepping two different components, a butter sauce and the sandwich.
For the butter sauce:
- 4 tbsp unsalted butter, melted
- 1 tbsp Dijon mustard
- 2 tsp Worcestershire sauce
- 1 ½ tbsp poppy seeds
- ½ tsp garlic powder
- Heaping ¼ tsp salt
For the sandwiches:
- 1 pack (12 count) square soft white dinner rolls
- 2 tbsp Dijon mustard
- 10 oz sliced Swiss cheese
- 10 oz sliced Black Forest ham
- Preparing the butter sauce is simple. Just add all of the ingredients in a bowl, whisk them together and voila! You’re ready to rock!
- Let’s move on to the sandwiches. Keep the rolls together, but cut them in half horizontally. Spread the mustard over the top and bottom halves. Add one layer of cheese to the bottom half of the bread followed by a layer of ham and another layer of cheese. Place the second half of the bread on top and cover with the butter sauce.
- Set the rolls on a baking sheet and cook for 22-25 minutes on 350 degrees. Allow to cool for 15-20 minutes before cutting the rolls into individual mini sandwiches.
- Add the sandwiches to a platter and serve to guests.