For a lot of young kids — especially those that picky eaters — they like to stick to eating the same things at home. There are a couple of classics that are sure to be loved, especially simple meals like a grilled cheese sandwich. While the little ones may never tire of eating the gooey and cheesy sandwiches, there may come a time when you get tired of making them.
That’s when it’s time to break out these grilled cheese roll ups! It’s the same great food that your kids know and love, but just a little twist on the way it is served so you can feel like you’re putting your culinary skills to good use.
- Slices of bread
- Slices of desired cheese types
- 1 tbsp butter
- Cut all four edge of crust off of a piece of bread and use a rolling pin to flatten it out as best you can.
- Place the slices of cheese directly on the bread, as well as any veggies or seasonings your little ones generally like in their sandwiches.
- Then, roll up the bread and stick a toothpick through the middle to help hold it together.
- Heat up the butter in a pan on the stove. Place each of the roll ups directly into the butter and cook each of the sides until lightly browned and the cheese is melted.
- Serve the roll ups as is, or cut them up into bite sized pieces for those with smaller hands.