Pasta is a universally loved dish, as it is cheap, filling, and simple to make. Not to mention that pasta always taste delicious and can be adapted to fit a variety of different recipes.
The best way to consume pasta, though, is to keep things simple, much like with these tasty garlic noodles that are both cheap and easy to create for the whole family.
- 8 oz. (1/2 lb.) angel hair pasta $0.54
- 4 cloves garlic $0.24
- ½ bunch green onions $0.35
- 4 Tbsp butter $0.50
- 2 tsp soy sauce $0.20
- 2 Tbsp brown sugar $0.05
- 1 tsp sesame oil $0.40
- 2 Tbsp oyster sauce $0.26
- In a bowl, combine the oyster sauce, brown sugar, soy sauce and sesame oil, stirring until combined. Cook the noodles according to package directions, then drain and set aside.
- While the pasta is cooking, slice up the green onions and mince the garlic.
- Melt the butter in a skillet on the stove, the add both the garlic and the onions to the pan, saving a few for garnish. Sauté these until soft, or about 1-2 minutes.
- Remove the skilled from the heat. Add the drained pasta and the liquid mixture into the pan, ensuring you coat the pasta well.
- Garnish the pasta with any reserved sliced green onions, then serve hot.
Photo Credits: BudgetBytes