Every now and again, an alcoholic beverage is a must-have. After a long day at the office or a chaotic day at home, an adult beverage can totally take the edge off. We think this refreshing French 75 recipe is a perfect drink option. The citrus element combined with just a touch of sweetness and bubbles, makes for one really delicious drink.
Homemade simple syrup ingredients:
- Sugar and honey
- Add equal parts of water and sugar together in a saucepan. Bring the mixture to a boil. Stir for at least 30 seconds or until the sugar has dissolved. Remove from heat and refrigerate to cool.
French 75 ingredients:
- 1 ½ oz gin
- 1 oz freshly-squeezed lemon juice
- ½ oz simple syrup
- 2 oz chilled dry sparkling wine
- Lemon twist
- Combine gin, lemon juice, simple syrup and a few ice cubes in a shaker and shake vigorously. If you don’t have a shaker on hand, make your own by using two cups, one large than the other. Pour the ingredients into the smaller cup and clamp the larger cup upside down over the first.
- Pour the liquid into a champagne flute and top with sparkling wine.
- Add a lemon twist to the glass to heighten the cuteness factor. Serve immediately and if you’re feeling generous, share with a friend.