There’s nothing more convenient than breakfast on the go! Prep these egg white and feta on English muffins the night before, and you’ve got a quick and easy breakfast ready for the morning!
- Cooking spray
- 1 ½ qt purchased egg whites
- 1 ¼ cups half-and-half
- 1 tsp kosher salt
- ¼ cup finely chopped fresh basil leaves
- ⅓ cup finely chopped fresh chives
- ¼ cup basil pesto
- ¼ cup salted butter, at room temperature
- ¾ cup crumbled feta cheese
- 12 whole-wheat English muffins, split
- Preheat the oven to 350°F and generously coat a rimmed baking sheet with cooking spray. In a bowl, whisk together the egg whites, half and half, and the salt. Stir in the basil and chives, then pour the mixture onto the prepped baking sheet.
- Bake for 18 to 20 minutes, or until the egg whites have set and are lightly browned on the edges. Let cool completely.
- Use a cookie cutter or large glass to cut into the egg rounds, making them roughly the same size as the muffins. Save the scraps for another recipe!
- Begin to assemble the sandwiches by spreading each cut side of the muffins with butter, then a layer of pesto on the other half. Place 1 of the cut egg rounds on the bread, then top with 1 tbsp of feta cheese and close the sandwich.
- They are now ready to eat! This recipe makes about 12 sandwiches, though, so it is likely you have some leftovers. If so, tightly wrap each sandwich with aluminum foil and store in resealable bags in the refrigerator or freezer. Reheat uncovered in a 325°F regular or toaster oven until warmed through.