There’s nothing better than an easy, tasty dinner that can cooked without much effort.
If you’re a crock pot fan, this is the recipe for you! It’s Crock Pot Pizza–that’s right, you can make pizza right in your crock pot!
It’s so simple and the results are delicious.
- 1 roll of pizza dough
- Flour, to sprinkle
- Cornmeal, to sprinkle
- Parchment paper
- Tomato sauce
- Grated cheese of your choice
- Grated Parmesan cheese
- First, take your roll of pizza dough and sprinkle some flour over it. Then, flatten it out on a cutting board, continuing to sprinkle flour over the dough as you work with it. Be sure to cover all of the dough. You can sprinkle some cornmeal on the bottom of the crust too, if you’d like.
- Once you’ve got all of the dough covered, flatten it out again with a rolling pin. Remove any excess dough that won’t fit in the crock pot. Now it’s ready to go in! Wipe some oil onto the bottom of the crock pot. Next, create a makeshift “sling” for your pizza. This will come in very handy when you go to remove your pizza from the crock pot. Flatten two pieces of parchment paper perpendicular to each other into the crock pot, making sure the edges go up high enough that you can grab them at the end.
- Sprinkle a bit more cornmeal into the bottom of the crock pot, and then place in your dough. You’ll probably need to reshape your dough so that it fits into the pot and has a nice crust to it. Next, spread your tomato sauce over the dough with a spoon. Cover the dough with some grated cheese, and then add your pepperoni. You can also add any other toppings you want! Finally, put the lid over it, and you’re ready to go!
- Keep an eye on your crock pot as it cooks. Depending on your crock pot, the cooking time will vary. Be sure to check on your pizza at the 1-hour mark. If it’s not quite done, wipe the moisture off of the crock pot lid and replace it, allowing it to cook longer. Once you feel that your pizza looks ready, with a nice golden crust and cooked toppings, it’s ready to come out and be eaten! Use your sling to remove the pizza from the crock pot, slice up the pie, and sprinkle some Parmesan cheese on top. Enjoy!
What do you think of this recipe? Which toppings would you use?