Are you in need of a new casserole that won’t take an hour to assemble? This dish has a Mexican flair and like all of your favorite casseroles, is oozing with cheese.
When the word “lazy” is in the title of the recipe, you know you’ve found a winner. It’s not that you’re lazy per se, but you value your free time and don’t want to slave over the stove for hours in order to eat a satisfying home cooked meal. Look no further. This recipe is totally for you.
- 8 poblano peppers
- 5 large eggs
- 2 cups whole milk
- Black peppers
- ½ teaspoon paprika
- ¼ teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1 ½ cups Monterrey jack cheese
- Blacken poblano peppers over a gas stove. Place them into a Ziplock bag and allow the peppers to sweat.
- In a large bowl, combine eggs, whole milk, salt, black pepper, paprika and cayenne pepper. Mix well.
- Cut the tops and bottoms of the pepper. Scrape off the blackened skin. Slice the peppers vertically, open them up and remove the seeds.
- Place 1 layer of peppers along the bottom of a casserole dish. Sprinkle half of the cheese on top. Add a second layer of peppers and cover with cheese. Finally, pour the egg mixture on top of the cheesy peppers.
- Set the casserole dish inside of an even larger dish and fill the outer pan with 1 inch of boiling water.
- Bake at 325 degrees for 35-40 minutes.
- Serve with corn tortillas and top with guacamole, sour cream or your favorite salsa.
It’s that easy!