Need a quick appetizer or potluck contribution that won’t take you hours to prepare? These adorable boat-shaped crispy tortillas are filled with chicken and cheese and are slightly spicy, which makes them a guaranteed hit wherever you show them off. In no time at all your dinner guests will be munching away. You can thank us later for sharing this awesome recipe.
- 1 package Old El Paso Mini Soft Tortilla Taco Boats
- 1 ½ tablespoons butter, melted
- ¾ teaspoon salt
- 2 cups rotisserie chicken, shredded
- 1/3 cup buffalo hot sauce (or to taste)
- 1 8-ounce package cream cheese, softened
- 1 cup frozen peas
- 1 cup cheddar cheese, shredded
- ¼ to 1/3 cup green onions, chopped
- Preheat your oven to 400 degrees. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper or foil.
- Line the tortilla boats up on the baking sheet, and brush each one with the melted butter.
- Sprinkle ¾ teaspoon salt on the inside and outside of the boats.
- Bake at 400 for about 8-9 minutes, or until they are lightly browned and crispy.
- Meanwhile, in a small bowl combine chicken and hot sauce.
- Add cream cheese and peas to a skillet. Cook over medium low until warm.
- Spoon the filling into the crisped taco boats. Top each boat with shredded cheese.
- Turn your broiler on and move the oven rack to the highest position.
- Broil the boats until the cheese is melted and bubbly, 1-3 minutes. Don’t walk away!!
- Top with green onions and serve!