Summer may be coming to an end, but it’s not over yet. There’s still time to enjoy deliciously ripe summer fruits, and this Blueberry and Peach Galette is the perfect way! Not only does it bring out the sweetness of the fruits, but it adds a perfectly buttery crust. Mmm!
- 2 cups unbleached all-purpose flour
- ½ tsp. sea salt
- ½ cup plus 7 tbsp. unsalted butter, cut into small pieces and chilled
- ¼ cup ice water
- 5 peaches, peeled and sliced
- ⅓ cup blueberries
- 2 tbsp. coconut sugar
- 1 large egg yolk whisked with 1 tsp. water
- Extra coconut sugar for dusting (optional)
- For the dough, place the flour and salt into a food processor and pulse to combine. Add in half the butter and pulse again until it is combined and the butter is coated with flour. Add the rest of the butter and pulse again until just coated with flour.
- Then, transfer this mixture to a bowl. Drizzle in the ice water, and toss with a fork until the mixture just begins to come together. Gather the dough and gently knead until the dough holds together. Shape the dough into a thick circle, wrap it in plastic wrap, and put in the fridge for at least 2 hours.
- For the galette, place a rack in the middle of the oven and preheat the oven to 425 degrees F. If you are using a pizza/baking stone, put that in and allow it to preheat for at least 45 minutes.
- Remove the dough from the fridge at least 10 minutes before you need to use it so that it isn’t too cold. Unwrap and place the dough between 2 sheets of parchment paper and use a rolling pin to flatten it into a 15” circle.
- Remove the top sheet of parchment and transfer the dough to a baking sheet. Then add the peach slices in rings, starting about 2 inches from the edge. Place the blueberries on top, followed by the coconut sugar.
- Gently fold the edges of the dough over the fruit to form a rim. Be sure there are no holes for the juices to seep through. Then brush with the egg wash, and, using scissors, cut the exposed areas of the parchment paper.
- Slide the galette onto the baking/pizza stone in the oven (or use the baking sheet) and bake for about 50 minutes, until the crust is golden. Remove the galette from the oven and move it to a rack to cool slightly before serving. Serve warm, and enjoy!