Recreating fancy dessert recipes you see photos of on Pinterest is usually a lot more difficult that it seems it will be, and the finished result never seems to look quite the same. Thankfully, this blueberry orange brunch cake truly is easy to create, and looks picture perfect even when baked by a cake novice.
- 2 oranges, peeled
- ¼ cup agave
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 3 eggs
- 1 cup olive oil
- 2½ cups flour
- ½ teaspoon baking powder
- ¼ teaspoon baking soda
- ½ teaspoon salt
For the whipped cream and toppings:
- 1 pint heavy whipping cream
- ¼ cup agave
- Blueberries, pistachios, and additional agave for topping
- Preheat the oven to 325°F. Line two 8 or 9 inch round cake pans with nonstick spray or some parchment paper. Create the orange mixture by placing the oranges and agave in a food processor and pulsing until left with a pulpy juice.
- Move back to the cake, whisking together the sugar, eggs, and olive oil. Stir in the orange mixture, and add in the flour, baking powder, baking soda, and salt until combined. Transfer the batter to prepared cake pans and knock the bottom of the pan to eliminate bubbles in the batter. Bake for 35-45 minutes, then remove and let cool.
- In an electric mixer, beat the heavy whipping cream until light and fluffy. Fold in the agave and spread the mixture on top of the first cake, not getting too close to the edges. Gently place the second cake on top, then top off with another layer of whipped cream.
- Cover the entire thing with blueberries, pistachios, and more agave to give it a finished look!