We love a classic BLT sandwich, but we extra love adding an avocado for a BLAT sandwich. This recipe from The Recipe Critic takes our BLAT love and transforms it into a refreshing pasta salad. This is best made at the height of tomato season.
- 8 oz dried pasta (use a shape like bow ties or shells)
- ¼ cup light mayonnaise
- ¼ cup milk
- 1½ teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- ¾ teaspoon salt
- 4 lightly packed cups sliced romaine lettuce, lightly packed
- ½ pound bacon
- 2 large tomatoes, sliced
- 2 avocados, diced
- ¼ cup feta cheese, crumbled
- Pepper to taste
- Set a big pot of salted water to boil and cook the pasta al dente according to the time on the package. Drain and rinse the pasta under cold water.
- Cook the bacon until crisp, then drain on paper towels and chop it into bits.
- To make the dressing, mix the mayo, milk, Dijon, garlic, and salt. You can make this right in the bottom of a large bowl and add your salad on top! Toss in the romaine, pasta, bacon bits, tomatoes, and avocados. Mix it all up until all the ingredients are coated with dressing. Sprinkle feta cheese and black pepper on top.
Your fresh and tasty, crunchy and creamy BLT Avocado Pasta Salad is the perfect lunch or light dinner!