If you’ve been holding off on cooking ribs at home because you don’t have access to a barbecue grill, we have exciting news. You don’t need one! Tender, flavorful ribs can easily be made in the oven and will rival their grilled counterparts with the awesome spice-blend seasoning used in this recipe.
- 2 rib racks
- 4 Tablespoons brown sugar
- 1 Tablespoon chili powder
- 1 Tablespoon sweet paprika
- 1 Tablespoon salt
- 2 Tablespoons black pepper
- 1 teaspoon dry mustard
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- Sweet heat BBQ sauce
- 1 sleeve crackers (like Ritz)
- Place the 2 racks of ribs on the countertop and pat them dry with a paper towel. Set aside.
- In a bowl, combine brown sugar, chili powder, paprika, salt, pepper, mustard and cumin. Mix thoroughly. Use the rub to completely cover both sides of the ribs. Make sure to keep 1 tablespoon of the mixture for later.
- Wrap each rack in plastic and chill for 1 hour. After chilling, remove the plastic and wrap each rack in aluminum foil. Bake for 1 hour at 350 degrees.
- Remove from the oven and cover the bottom side of the ribs with a layer of barbecue sauce. Return to the oven and bake for an additional hour.
- In a blender or food processor grind 1 sleeve of crackers along with the remaining spice mix.
- Cover the ribs with another layer of barbecue sauce followed by a layer of crumbs. Broil for 1-2 minutes uncovered.
- Cut a section of ribs, drizzle with more barbecue sauce and serve.