Forget trying to flip your egg for a perfect at-home omelet. Make your life significantly easier by baking the ingredients casserole-style and simply cutting out a slice of egg. Pile on your favorite ingredients and turn up the heat with hot sauce. For a little ingredient inspiration, try following this awesome baked Denver omelet recipe. It’s packed with a lot of good stuff that will leave you satisfied.
- ½ cup red bell pepper, chopped small
- ½ cup green bell pepper, chopped small
- 1/3 cup yellow onion, chopped small
- 2 tsp olive oil
- 1 cup cooked ham, chopped
- 8 large eggs
- 1/3 cup milk
- Freshly ground black pepper
- ½ cup sharp cheddar cheese, shredded
- Sliced avocados (optional)
- Chives, chopped (optional)
- Hot sauce (optional)
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Spray a 7×11-inch or 9×9-inch baking dish with cooking spray. Sprinkle ham into an even layer in bottom of the baking dish.
- Heat oil in a skillet over medium-high heat. Once hot, add red and green bell peppers and onion and cook until softened, about 4 minutes. Evenly pour pepper mixture over ham layer then sprinkle evenly with cheese.
- In a large mixing bowl, whisk together eggs and milk until well blended. Season with salt and pepper, stir and then pour over mixture in baking dish.
- Bake in preheated oven until puffy and set, about 22 – 25 minutes. Cut and serve warm with avocado slices and optional chives and hot sauce.