Bacon is almost every meat-lovers top 5 foods to eat. Bacon wrapped around cheesy jalapeño poppers is going to be a dream come true for many of our readers. Instead of deep-frying the jalapeño to give it a crispy outer coat, this recipe uses crispy slices of bacon to keep the gooey cream cheese inside. These poppers are perfect for serving at a potluck, as a game day/tailgate snack or enjoy them as an appetizer before serving dinner. No matter where you serve this delicious recipe, we know it’ll be a hit.
- 12 medium jalapeno poppers, cut in half lengthwise with seeds removed
- 12 slices bacon, cut in half
- 1 (8 oz) package cream cheese, softened
- ½ cup shredded sharp cheddar cheese (optional)
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Fill cleaned jalapeno half with cream cheese (or cream cheese and cheddar mixture). Be careful not to overfill as it will ooze out of the jalapeno poppers as they bake.
- Wrap each stuffed jalapeno half tightly with a piece of bacon.
- Arrange on a rimmed baking sheet and bake until the bacon is cooked through and crispy, about 15 minutes.
- Remove from the oven and allow to cool about 5 minutes before serving.