Put that blender of yours to use with this awesome apple pie milkshake recipe. Sure the classic flavors like vanilla and chocolate are great, but this shake has a festive feel and it’s just in time for fall.
The recipe still incorporates the crumbly streusel topping that you’ve come to expect on your favorite apple pies. It’s the perfect cool treat for a warm afternoon and makes a great evening dessert. You can even get the kids involved and have them help you whip up the recipe—it’s that simple to make.
For the streusel:
- 7 tablespoons melted butter
- 1/3 cup old fashioned oats
- 1/3 cup brown sugar
- 1 cup flour
- 1/3 cup sugar
For the milkshake:
- 1 cup vanilla ice cream
- 1/4 cup milk
- 1 cup apple pie filling
- Shortbread cookies
- Mix butter, oats, sugars and flour into a bowl. Stir with a fork until small clumps begin to form.
- Add ice cream, milk and apple pie filling to a small blender. Mix until a liquid forms. Add a few broken shortbread cookies to the blender. Grind.
- Pour the shake mixture into a glass. Top with the crumb streusel and drink.
How much did you love this delicious milkshake? It’s definitely a great way to enjoy apple pie.