Tacos are undoubtedly a beloved food, but the one thing that can make them even better is several layers of it all at once. Luckily, this 7 layer taco dip provides just the right amount of taco goodness.
- 2 cans low-sodium pinto beans, rinsed and drained
- 1/2 cup prepared salsa
- 1 tablespoon, plus 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 2 teaspoons ground cumin
- 2 teaspoons garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper (optional to add a little heat)
- 2 cups prepared guacamole
- 2 cups plain non-fat Greek yogurt
- 1 1/2 cups shredded Mexican-style cheese
- 1 pint cherry or grape tomatoes, halved
- 1/2 cup drained sliced black olives
- 1/3 cup finely sliced green onions
- Tortilla chips, for serving
- Begin at the bottom with the bean layer. Mash together the beans with the salsa, chili powder, cumin, garlic powder, salt, and cayenne. Spread out evenly on a 9×13 inch baking or serving dish.
- Layer the guacamole evenly over the top of the beans, then do the same with a layer of the Greek yogurt.
- Top off the entire thing with some cheese, tomatoes, green onions, and olives. Serve with tortilla chips, and enjoy!
PHOTO CREDIT: WELLPLATED